- 5th Largest Latin American Economy ( 2009 GDP 248.8 Bn)
» (Source: http://www.investincolombia.com.co)
- Colombia ranked # 1 in Investor protection in Latin America in the period from June 2009 through May 2010
» (Source: World Bank 2011 “ Doing Business 2011 report”)
- The Colombian business climate has improved dramatically in recent years which has led to an explosion of Junior Gold exploration. Most Colombian Gold Juniors experienced significant stock growth during 2010.
- Colombia ranked # 3 for ease of doing business
» (Source: World Bank 2011 “ Doing Business 2011 report” )
- During the past five years, the Colombian economy grew by 4% per year. In 2009, Colombia's GDP registered an increase of 0.4%, a positive growth during global recession.
- Colombia is the most business friendly country in Latin America and offers the following incentives:
- Free Trade Zones: the most competitive in Latin America because they offer up to a 50% tax break on sales into the local market. They also can be established in any place in Colombia.
- Legal Stability Contracts.
» (Source: World Bank 2010 “Doing Business Report”)
- Colombia holds an advantage of having signed trade agreements making it an ideal export platform. This gives companies preferential access to markets that extend to more than 1.2 billion consumers, a circumstance that is only enhanced by the strategic location of Colombia.
» (Source: http://www.investincolombia.com.)
- Mine Royalties to government 3.2%
- Nominal corporate tax rate approximately 32%